Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Corally Rear Wheel Bolts M2.5 !!!!



When I first built my "US Spec" Corally SP12X, I was expecting to fit standard 1/12th wheels with standard imperial bolts. This was not to be the case.

Corally are pasionate about doing this all in metric like the true Europeans they are.... as a result you are going to have to find metric M2.5 hex bolts to secure your wheels to diff and offside hubs.... these are as rare as rocking horse poo and they were ommitted from my kit! Argh!

Tip Number 1. The bolts used on standard brushed motor end bells are M2.6 and these will do the job in an emergency (thanks Pete).

Tip Number 2. I get my M2.5 screws from here http://stores.ebay.co.uk/stainlessbolts

They do 8mm ones but it is REALLY important that you file them down to 7mm long (threaded part) and no longer. If the screws are too long they do through the hub on the diff side and collide with the diff ring which will really mess up your diff action!

No comments: